Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Craziest Week Ever!

So, whenever you volunteer to teach a lesson in church, just know things are going to get so crazy that you will be distracted, and you need to prepare your lesson in little, bite-sized chunks of time, instead of being able to devote a bunch of time to the lesson!

Shop hop was last week at the quilt store.  Elizabeth worked every day of it with me.  Her friend Sophie worked with us three of the days.  We had a great time and the girls really loved being in the store with all the wonderful quilting women (and men).  Elizabeth already talks of the day that she will go to work there.  I love that.

Parker got sick on Saturday afternoon.  He has had diarrhea since then, and he has been throwing up with a fever, too. It hasn't been fun.

On Tuesday, it was Elizabeth's 12th birthday.  Robert got the morning off and we went to the Salt Lake temple to do baptisms with Elizabeth.  It was on her birthday wishlist.  It was so beautiful.  Also, there was the sweetest lady there, folding things and talking to the younger patrons, who were gathered around her.  She was telling them stories.  When one of the youth leaders came up to be with the girls, the sweet lady said:  "These are my girls now.  I've adopted every single one of them."  And she was just the most smiley, beautiful woman.  I wanted to be related to her.

Tuesday night, Elizabeth had soccer practice, Barrett had soccer practice, I had to get registration sorted out at Barrett's soccer practice, and Parker told me he had an addition to the #2 factory he had been dealing with.  So I called the doctor, and they said he needed to be seen NOW.  I found a way for everyone to get to soccer, and home from soccer, and then I took Parker to his appointment.  They took blood (Parker HATES needles) and 'other' samples.  And then they gave him an IV.  Did I mention that Parker hates needles?  Well, he does.

Wednesday, lots of things happened, that I can't even remember.  I know I registered the soccer team.  I know I went to the store.  I know I did some laundry.  Barrett had two games in a soccer tournament.  It was a fun time. Alison Ranglack brought Parker some movies to watch in his illness, which really meant a lot to him.

Today, laundry, a little bit of quilting, and helping Lucy with her quilt, and two soccer games with Barrett.  The nurse called and said that Parker has a bacteria.  Antibiotics will clear it right up.  So pharmacy, and home again.  Parker's friends came to visit him upon hearing that he was sick. 

Tomorrow, three soccer games.

Saturday there could be more games, depending on how the points go in the tornament.

We'll see how that goes...

I teach on Sunday.  My first Gospel Doctrine lesson, ever.

Yikes.

2 comments:

Des said...

You will be a fantastic Gospel Doctrine teacher. :) I hope Parker is feeling better.

Shaunab said...

Michelle, Sounds like quite the eventful week. You are awesome and will do a fabulous job teaching tomorrow.
We are so happy to have Lucy in YW.