Keeps marching on.
(See They Might Be Giants - Older)
Whether I like it or not.
Today Parker was feeling well enough to eat breakfast for the second day in a row! Personal best for the last ten or twelve days! He's lost 20 pounds, so Robert took him to Cafe Rio and he got extra meat on his burrito. I don't think it will be too long before he is back to normal, but we'll see. This has been such a weird sickness, I almost think it will continue to be weird. He is planning on going back to football practice tomorrow. I hope it goes well...
Elizabeth got 4 baby teeth pulled today at the dentist. They just wouldn't come out on their own, and she wouldn't encourage them to! She won't stop saying how long it takes her to eat, and how weird it feels. She has only had soft stuff but still... She also is pretty adamant that the tooth fairy will come tonight. We'll have to see about that one. Once you're in Junior High, does the tooth fairy still come??
Robert and I were able to play Toe Jam and Earl today.
We won.
Again.
As Stephanie would say: "It was pretty epic."
Stephanie had an interview with her favorite bread store today. She may be working two jobs before long. It is nice to see her finally getting a game plan, and taking some joy in the journey of her future! I love that girl! It feels like things are starting to get out of neutral and into gear!! GO STEPH!!
Robert has Mondays off, and now that school is out, they feel more like Saturday, but we get to do a lot more at home than on regular Saturdays. It is so nice.
I have been so crazy busy with registering soccer teams, and collecting money and getting lessons ready, and helping sick kids and planning meals and doing laundry and sewing quilts that it has been hard to relax. But today was lovely. I actually felt like I had some time to go down and do a tiny bit of organizing in my craft room (which my kids call "the crap room", but they throw everything down there and half of the "crap" is actually theirs!!). It was nice to revisit the projects that I have brewing down there.
I also enjoyed being able to run the sprinkler and do some outside things. I haven't done any of that for so long. I still need to plant my tomatoes! I hope I actually get to harvest some of those lovely things. I have been craving those cherry tomatoes!!
Yesterday, I made Elizabeth's birthday cake. She wanted the one that has become the traditional birthday cake of our family: triple layer, round, chocolate with chocolate frosting. Usually I over bake it just a little bit, but this time it turned out quite perfect. Robert found another candle from his friend at work, the kind that is like a miniature firework on the top of the cake and then the plastic petals drop down with candles lit, and it plays the Happy Birthday song. I was happy that Parker thought about having the fire extinguisher on hand for the special event. I hope I can remember to post pictures. I promise, it has been so crazy that I can't do that stuff right now.
Monday, June 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment