Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ears Pierced

Yesterday, after much ado, Elizabeth got her ears pierced.



We had an appointment at Cameo College of Beauty right by our home. Elizabeth was very excited. When we got there and went inside, she was not as excited and I thought that maybe she didn't want her ears pierced. But then as the students began to gather, I thought that it may just be because she is still shy sometimes and gets a little weird in a crowd. She let them clean and mark her ears and then refused to let them peirce them. She was seated on a chair with wheels, and she just kept scooting away from the student that was trying to peirce her ears! There was crying and a lot of "No!, No!, No!". So I asked her if she just wanted to go and she said "Yes". So, we paid for the earrings that they had already opened, and left.

When we got outside, Elizabeth told me that she wanted to go somewhere else to get her ears pierced because she didn't like the selection of earrings that the beauty college had to offer her. ARGH! If only she would have said that in the first place.

So we went to 2 malls and then finally Walmart, where she found some earrings that we both agreed on and she was VERY excited about. I told her that if she didn't get them peirced this time, she would have to wait until she could drive herself to get it done. (I was trying to prevent another big kafuffle, which I didn't want!)

She got them peirced! Everyone is happy!

On the way out, she was beaming. She turns to me and says: "You know, Walmart has everything! Even ear piercing."

1 comment:

Kim said...

They look lovely...and yes Walmart does have everything.