Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hooray for Grandma Snow!


My mom is the best. Many people who are not related to her, wish they they were.

Robert and I have been going Christmas shopping the friday before Thanksgiving for about 3 or 4 years now, which hinges on my mom coming to stay with the kids overnight.

My mom will take every suggestion from the kids as prime directives. It is not a mere suggestion, she is here to please.

Example: Years ago, the kids asked her to go down the slide at McDonalds. So she did. Stephanie had to go up to the top of the slide and pull her down. (Steph says that she was laughing SO hard, that it was difficult to "stay dry", ~if ya know what I mean.)

On this stay, one of the kids asked for McDonald's for breakfast, and someone else asked for donuts. My mom was going to get both, until Stephanie took matters into her own hands and made muffins and eggs.
(Thank heavens!)
But, to appease the natives, and to show that she can do what she wants to do, my mom still went to McDonald's and bought hash browns to go with the other breakfast items.

My favorite part of our shopping experience was when Robert and I went to the Olive Garden at 10:30 P.M.. Everywhere else was closed, but the Olive Garden stays open to 11:00! I got the parmesan crusted talapia and it was SO GOOD!!! (I will be getting that again sometime.)

We were done with dinner at 11:28!!! Never in my life have I eaten dinner so late! It was kind of weird, but it was fun!

side note: I also love the gargonzola beef medallion alfredo!! It is making my mouth water just thinking about it!

The kids had a blast with Grandma and it was great to get away!

Everyone wins!!!
Thanks mom. I love you.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I just love your mom....She is my hero!