Excuse me while I adjust my hearing aid, put on my wrinkle cream and get my bifocals...
Okay, I am all set to post now!!
I have had a lot of these moments for about 2 years now. At least I have noticed these moments more and more. The young whipper-snappers of the younger generation are pretty unaccustomed to anyone with guidelines. They will challenge anything they think is unfair to their personal moment or 'thought process'. I put the quotations because I am scoffing at the musing that they could possibly have thought through the following foolishness:
Robert and I went to Wingers tonight and we enjoyed our time there. The food was great and our server was wonderful. The table across the isle and down one was unfortunate enough to be occupied with five very spoiled teenagers. My attention was drawn to their table when the server kept coming back to their table time and time again before the order was taken. Then I saw the lady with the 'manager' name tag talking to them and I actually heard what they were saying:
high-fashion girl teenager: "Yeah, Hi. Um, we would like to get 3 orders of all you can eat wings and split them with each other."
Manager: "The all-you-can-eat offer is valid for only one person, if everyone wants all-you-can-eat, then there needs to be an order for each person."
high-fashion girl teenager: "Yeah, but you see, we want to split the orders so we can split the bill with each other."
Manager: "Then feel free to order something that isn't all-you-can-eat. That way you can all share."
high-fashion girl teenager: "But we want the all-you-can-eat deal. It is a better deal."
Manager: "The all-you-can-eat deal is meant for only one person. No sharing."
stunned silence at the high fashion table...
high-fashion girl teenager: "Oh, okay."
Manager walks away.
Server keeps coming back for their order and refilling drinks.
high-fashion girl teenager: "We are still waiting for someone, you'll have to come back for our order." Repeat this line 3 times.
Skater dude walks in and puts his skateboard on the seat in the empty booth next to the high fashion booth. Offers money to high-fashion girl. She refuses it.
high-fashion girl teenager: "We all have to order our own stuff. They don't like us here."
They shared anyway. I didn't hear what they ordered, but the kid on the end was hiding stuff under the table and eating it when he thought the coast was clear.
On our way out, the manager happened to walk by us and Robert leaned over to her and said, pointing to the high fashion booth: "Can I get an order of all-you-can-eat wings to go?" She smiled and said: "Yeah, sure."
Now I have to put my disclaimer on this post. I used to be a teenager. I don't remember doing something this thoughtless, but I am sure that I did.
You have to know what kind of tip that poor server got.
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have had this happen to me personally (not that I was the one that ordered). I was with my best friend and we were in Jr. High and her uncle took us to dinner at Skippers. He had us go and sit down and then he went up and ordered. He came back with ONE all-you-can-eat fish and chips and we had to share it. HOW EMBARASSING!!
LOL...I don't think we were ever so spoiled and rotten! Sounds like you had some good entertainment along with your wings..
I was too scared to be one of those kids!! I am such a rule keeper (much to the chagrin of my husband sometimes) and would never have dared to behave like that!
P.S. are you able to bring your marinara sauce and spaghetti over to me by Thursday night (for our dinner this weekend)? Don't cook the noodles... Thank you!!
Kim C~
Yeah, I have to say that I am a rule keeper too. I don't think I would have done what those kids did, but I KNOW that I did stupid things.
Yes, I will bring it by. I will put it on my list for things to do tomorrow.
Kim~
Yeah, the food was good. I had a house salad and the sticky fingers (THEY ARE SOOOO GOOD!)
The entertainment was a little anxiety causing!
Jillene~
Wow. What an Uncle! Your poor friend. I wish I could say that I have never done anything like that, but I probally have done many things to embarrass my neices and nephews. Poor Megan! (Next time we talk, I will spill the beans on THAT story.)
That was a funny story! I am a rule keeper also, (gee, I wonder where Zach gets it from!)
No worries... we are all getting older!:)
When I first moved to Rose Cir. I couldn't stand the teenage drivers but Dennis was quick to remind me that we raced side by side down Hillcrest dr.. and huck frostey's from Wendy's into each others sun roofs. Teenagers
On a more recent note Dennis watched some High Fashion girls strutting their stuff along the bay yesterday and were passed by two girls jogging by. He just happened to overhear the girls complain "What they just get to go right through us just because they are jogging"
It's just the way things are these days. Here is my final take..... you have two choices
- Parent to one, Parent to all! Or thank goodness they are not my children.
Post a Comment