Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Spudnut Story

I need to write this down, so that I can remember it when I am even older than I am now.

When I was about Jr. High age, my mom decided to make donuts at home. It seems to me that the ward had just put out a new cook book and there was a recipe for Spudnuts in it.

Spudnuts are donuts made with some mashed potatoes added in the recipe. They are very delicious.

The project was enthusiastically started and it was a big party. It seems like we started sometime after dinner, but I honestly don't remember. The only reason why I mention the starting time is because this was my first experience of not being aware that time had slipped away very quickly. When we were done, I think it was about 1:00 a.m.. I think my mom, my sister Janelle and I were the only ones that made it all the way through the process. All of the donuts had been cooked and frosted. We had donuts on every flat surface available. The counters were all filled with donuts, the deep freeze was covered in donuts and the table was too! It was beautiful to look at!

A wonderful breakfast commenced the next day, I can tell you!

I love that my mom did that with us. It is such a good memory. I do wish we would have counted how many spudnuts we made that night.

3 comments:

Kim said...

that is such a fun story...your mom is the coolest ever! YOU LUCKEEE!

Suzie said...

Sounds just like your Mom! This story makes me want some spudnuts, you think if I whispered to your Mom that I wanted some she would make some for me?!?!

Michelle S. said...

You KNOW she would!