While I am at home in a regular routine I can see a lot of things that Heavenly Father has blessed me with. These are things I am thankful for, but by seeing them everyday I sometimes forget how many other wonderful things there are to see and experience that are not in my every day, usual routine.
Before we went Christmas shopping yesterday, we went to the temple. While we were there, I was reading Section 78 of the Doctrine and Covenants. In verse 10 it says: "For by my Spirit will I enlighten them, and by my power will I make known unto them the secrets of my will—yea, even those things which eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor yet entered into the heart of man."
As we have been out looking around, my thoughts have been turned to that scripture again and again. Looking at the things that people have been inspired to try and to create. I saw a shirt that I thought was so beautiful and I couldn't help but think about that inspiration that came to that person who had that enlightenment enter their heart.
I have had moments like that. Mostly saying things in a quiet moment to a child asking questions. Things that I might usually lack confidence in what words to choose, in a teaching moment, come into my heart and the thought is clear. These moments teach not only the questioning child, but me too.
How happy I am about the Holy Ghost! I am happy about all of the inspiration we can get, due to those promptings. I am also so happy when I look around and see the lovely, virtuous things that people create and participate in.
I love it!
I am so thankful for it!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your sweet testimony and the nice comments you always leave on my blog. I love and appreciate you.
Post a Comment