Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Classic Blunder~Episode 3,000,000

Yes, I have a tendency to really make a lot of blunders. Some would say mistakes, but mine have a way of becoming blown up and magnified by about 100% more than a 'mistake'.

Robert found a blog that he thought was hillarious and I found only slightly amusing because it has some things that I think shouldn't be made fun of in the way that they were making fun of those things in this particular blog and that they are just plain inapropriate. I had just gotten off the phone with my friend and thought I would like to get her opinion on this guy's blog, so I sent the address to her.

HERE COMES THE CLASSIC BLUNDER PART: I don't know how I did it, but I sent that email to THE ENTIRE SOCCER TEAM!!!!!! Yeah. I called the email provider, just to see if I could somehow 'unsend' the email. It turns out that I can't.
AND he laughed at me. Nice.

I know that some people have repair men in their home, only to discover after he leaves that they were only wearing their bra as their only top clothing while he was there...

I know that some adult people have been embarassed by having their legs go up over their heads at young women functions...

I know that some people (more than one!) that have been stranded for hours with a car that won't start because it wasn't in park and they couldn't start it to save their lives...

I also know people that ask someone if they are expecting, when they are not...

And I am sure that some of you have inadvertantly sent emails to a list of people that you did not mean to or to at least one person that you did not mean to...

This email (that I sent) was about a guy that claims to be a bishop in my church and has questionable things in it that I didn't want to share with just anyone who happened to be looking. Some of the people that I emailed are not members and they might have no frame of reference and be very misinformed! I keep trying to tell myself that maybe it will be a missionary tool. But it would be a very weird missionary tool and NOT LIKELY!

I sent out an apology, but that isn't really worth it's weight in anything, is it?

The whole time I was driving Barrett to school this thought was going through my head:

Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
I am sure that thought was from the devil, to kick me when I am down. He does that.

I just deleted the soccer team list from my address book. Too late. But at least I can't accidentally send them anything. Ever. Again.

Now, I am off to pray like crazy, repent and try to do better.

5 comments:

johnson5 said...

I am laughing so hard that I finally formed the tear you deserve!!!!

Michelle S. said...

Laugh it up, Ginger! (Said sarcastically!)

When Stephanie came home from school, I immediately confessed my blunder to her and this is her reaction:

hysterical laughter. sudden stop...

"Wait, this makes us ALL look dumb! Thanks a lot, Mom!"

You are all very welcome.

Kim said...

I'm again laughing at Stephanie's comment..that's so funny! Okay...what is this blog..I must see it. Michelle...you always worry too much. I love you!

Stephanie said...

Hey. I meant that in the nicest way possible. You have to admit that it is really funny, though.

Michelle S. said...

Kim, I am very afraid to email you the address! I don't want to leave it here either. I will TRY to call. (you know how hard that is for me!)