I am two squares closer to a Valentine quilt!
No, it will not be perfect, but it will be cute.
Also, last week for FHE, Elizabeth had us do an activity where we wrote Valentines to each member of the family. She carefully cut out cardstock so that we each could make a valentine for every person in the family (she even included one for us to give ourselves). We were instructed by her to write one or two things we love about each member of the family with their name and who wrote it.
When FHE was over, I was reading to Barrett and he picked a book by Tommie DePaola that had some Valentine stories and ideas. In the book, there was a little branch with hearts hanging on it. I thought how cute it would be to do that with the Valentines that Elizabeth just commissioned. So I did...
It turned out very adorable, if I do say so myself!
And now, if you haven't already watched Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray and Andie MacDowel, it really should be on your list of priorities, as today actually is Groundhog Day! F.Y.I., if you have Netflix, you can watch it instantly on your computer. I am going to put it on right now!
6 comments:
Michelle, The blocks are awesome!!!, just like you!!! I love the valentine print and can't wait to see the finished product. Hopefully this next week I will be over Pneumonia enough to feel like doing something and can get mine cut and started.
I sure do hope you feel better soon, Shauna!! I'm looking forward to seeing what yours will look like!
The blocks are SOOOO cute!! I wish I could do anything sewing related---but I can't. I will just have to sit back and watch you and Shauna make beautiful quilts!!
cute! I just got my 2 year old valentine project finished about a week before I moved!!! Maybe I will put a photo of it on my blog, my dad even loved it, Valentine quilts are so dang cute!
I am going to do the family valentine project, that is so fun! Thank you for sharing.
I love your quilt, Michelle! It is beautiful! You are so talented!
Your a girl after my own heart, I love groundhog day.
Post a Comment