Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Let's Hear it For the Boy!

Barrett turned six today! I can't believe it!

We had a great morning! We started off by picking up the doughnuts that we ordered from the store so that he could share his birthday with his class. It was very exciting! When we pulled up to the store, I noticed a cute wall to take a few pictures by.




After we got the doughnuts, we stopped at Wheeler Farm for a few pictures. It was very, very cold! Barrett wanted to go home to get his hat because his ears were cold. But we didn't and he was still a very good sport. This is my favorite one...







These others turned out good too. I still need to doctor them though.


As we were leaving the farm, Barrett noticed a bunch of piegons on top of the barn and said to me: "Look mom, they are having a lesson!" I had to take a picture so that I would always remember that, even after I forget about it. I don't want to forget!


So then we went to the mall to have Kiddie Kandids take a few shots of him with their cameras. We do this every year because you get a free 8 x 10 for their birthday until the kid is ten. I always buy one extra sheet though, which is $18.00 this year! Wow. No wonder I turned to taking my own pictures. I always get at least one shot that I like and we make memories to go along with it!

When we came out of the mall, it was snowing! Barrett was so excited and he tried to catch a few in his mouth. When we got to the car Barrett said to me:

"It's like it is snowing for my birthday!!"


He's my kid. I love the snow too.

Grandma Snow came up and took him birthday shopping at Toys R Us. It was a long shopping trip and after much to-do, Barrett ended up with a new game for the Wii. He was very excited.

Red Robin was the chosen venue for the birthday dinner. It was very nice, except I left the battery for my camera at home in the charger! You see, I actually planned ahead and charged it before dinner. Yeah. I know. Sometimes things just don't run as smoothly as you think they will. Grandma Snow and Grandma and Grandpa Schafer joined us for dinner.

Barrett had such a great day.

I love you Barrett. Happy Birthday to you!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Happy happy birthday Barrett!!! We love you a ton! and miss you too!

johnson5 said...

Wow what a handsome dude!!! I love that you do your own photos, I think the kiddie kandid thing has gotten out of control and stopped also!

Happy Birthday Barracuda enjoy your big day and I am so glad it could snow for you on your birthday!

Ashleigh said...

What a stud!

doghouse said...

I knew Barrett when he was 5.

Michelle S. said...

doghouse=Robert

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Barrett!
YOur pictures are adorable - I LOVE that you capture his personality in each one!