Saturday, January 24, 2009

Flash Back!


Oh My Heck!!!


Stephanie's party was great!!!


One of her guests was so much dressed like the 80's that I could not talk to her and listen to what she was saying to me because I was too distracted by her whole persona. It was very surreal being a mom of four and feeling that this was a high school party from my own time. It literally felt like a time warp. It was very weird and very fun. The girl that threw me for a loop is the one with the pink head band and pink earrings and the NKOTB t-shirt.


So after not planning ahead with the movies, the only two titles that we really had were both on VHS and the choices were Sixteen Candles and Better Off Dead. I was very worried because I know that Sixteen Candles has that terrible shower scene and some language. Sixteen Candles was the movie that the girls voted for! We were able to completely turn off the TV for the part I was very worried about but the language was still there. Dang it! It had been so long since I have seen the dang show that I forgot about language issues!!!

It was almost like the girls were at an amusement park or something. They would all squeal and scream very loudly at the geek parts of the movie and they all were screaming with delight when all the cars pulled away from the church to reveal Jake (SO HOT!). When the show was over, one of the girls put a ring on her ring finger and said that she was engaged to Jake. So funny!

I am hopeful that we can have another movie night dedicated to only Better Off Dead. I guess I better preview it before we do that!






































2 comments:

Kim C. said...

I knew which girl you were talking about before you even described her! I looked at these pics on Steph's facebook and thought how great she looked and who did she know that had kept a t-shirt tie all these years! My little sister and I wore those like every day! The party looks like it turned out great!

Stephanie said...

How much fun is that. Talk about having flashbacks.