Usually we have this shin-dig at our home, since we have that big room that everyone can fit in. This year we mostly stayed downstairs in the new kitchen, which worked out fine. I think it was especially nice because my mom (did I mention that she's the best) was in the kitchen baking me a German chocolate cake and we were all still able to be together. We all had a good time. The only sibling of mine that was missing was my brother, Paul. And of course, we missed Nebraska.
Now, the German chocolate cake is another tradition that my mom is responsible for. I am not sure if she saw a German chocolate cake somewhere once that inspired her to start baking them, or if my dad got a piece of one somewhere and requested it. That is something I really should investigate. Anyway, my mom used to bake them every year for my dad's birthday, and as we grew and grew to like them, we requested them for our birthdays too. So, my mom made one for me last night. She is the best. I can't think of anything better, ever! I have not had any German chocolate cake for about 3 or more years. It could even be 5. It really meant a lot to me for my mom to bake one for me!
Guess what I had for breakfast today?
That's right! It's true!
It was SOOO good, that I can not even express the delicious~ness to you in mere words.
Thanks Mom!
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE!!!
I am DROOLING!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Happy Birthday to you...cha cha cha....Happy Birthday to you...cha cha cha...Happy Birthday dear Meeechelllleeee.....Happy Birthday to you...CHA CHA CHA...and a big fat lady on channel 80!!! Hee hee!
Happy Birthday Michelle! I hope it's a good one!
Post a Comment