Thursday, January 8, 2009

Not So Fast Breaking News


It has officially been three years and nine months since I started "the quilt".
(March 2005! Yikes!!)

This week, I have officially completed the quilting stage of the process.

Today I officially cut the binding.

Binding a quilt is officially my very favorite part of making a quilt.

I hope to have the quilt officially completed by next week.

It looks so beautiful on my bed!!!
(Even without the binding!) Stephanie says to me: "Yeah, you can't even tell that Megan stepped on it!"

I love you, Megs.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed! What a beautiful quilt.

Unknown said...

It's BEAUTIFUL MIchelle! Doesn't it feel great to have it done?!

Cindy said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!!! Way to go!! Oh, and on a side note, we downloaded "Toe Jam and Earl" for our Wii. What a blast from the past. We are having a ball!

johnson5 said...

Yeah for you!!! What is next, a girl always needs a project?

I am so excited for you, you put it together so well-

johnson5 said...

The quilting is amazing, be proud my very skilled friend!

Michelle S. said...

Cindy~
The whole reason why we (as parents) decided that a Wii was good for our family is because we heard that we could have that capability. Alas, we don't have the technical skills that we need to do that yet!!! I will have to figure out wifi to get to download TJ & E! I am so jealous!! Tell Tim hi!

Ginger~
I have a shelf down in my craft room that seriously has about 15 items in their larve stage. I hope they will grow and mature to their full potential soon. I also hope that I am there when they do so.

This is the first quilt that I have made where every point matches perfectly! I still can't believe it has taken SO LONG!!! Thanks for the kind words!

BTW~I broke through to the bottom of my Sumotech today:(.

Rachel Elison said...

Your quilt looks amazing! Love it! Good Job!!!

Ashleigh said...

It looks wonderful! What an accomplishment!

Suzie said...

AWESOME! I can't wait to see it in person!

By the way, I tagged you in my blog. Check it out!

Kim said...

Oh..I'm laughing right out loud...that last part is sooooo funny!!! Good one Stepher Nepher! I don't know how I missed this post! Your quilt is beautiful.

Jillene said...

Oh my heck!! It is GORGEOUS!!