WRONG!
So after a few other suggestions, we decided on...
So, after Training Table we come home to Parker in the kitchen making GERMAN PANCAKES for the crowd that had gathered around him, clamouring for some to try out on their own taste buds.
Now, let me just tell you that I have tried and tried to make German pancakes because Robert is a big fan of them. We spent a very frusterating Father's Day one year trying to make these things!!! (Three batches. None of them were even close!!) German pancakes are one thing that I have been very unsuccessful in trying to make. My friend Angela even gave me her no-fail recipe and promised that it would work. SHE PROMISED ME!
I didn't have the confidence to even try it.
But here is Parker's German pancake...
But here is Parker's German pancake...
PERFECT!
Is it possible to be brimming with pride in your son's natural talents and wallowing in sorrow for your own shortcomings at the exact same time?
I think so. It is happening to me right now.
6 comments:
That is awesome!! I havent had a german pancake for a long time. Hey, as for the wonky block quilt I did, it was kind of a stack and wack with 9 10 inch blocks. Very fun!!!
Good job Parker! What fun it is! Yeah though for time alone with the hubby! That's why his German Pancakes worked! HAHAHA
How sad is it that I couldn't remember the phrase "stack and whack"?
I have been out of the quilting mode for way too long.
One thing I forgot to mention about the whole G. pancake thing...
Parker was very pleased with his handiwork, pleased enough that he tracked down my camera and took a picture of the first one out of the oven. He thought I might want to blog about it.
I did want to, but I used the picture I took instead. If he can make the pancakes, I can take the photos!
Yum. Training Table and German Pancakes in one post! We have a great German Pancake recipe--complete with a recipe for buttermilk syrup. Oh boy!
Way to go, Parker!! And I am so sorry, Michelle. Oh, how I can relate to a lack of success in the kitchen. I think if I cook one more meal that my family pushes around on their plate I might cry and quit altogether!
That is an awesome picture! Good for you Parker!
Post a Comment