Saturday, March 14, 2009

Always changing!

It seems that every time I go to the dry pack cannery some rule that was cemented in place last time I went, has radically changed. I guess I need to go more often. Or at least call frequently to check up on the latest changes.



When you go to do dry pack you must can the entire bag or box of whatever you are canning. Even if you only want one can, you must can the entire package. I guess that the rules from the health inspectors are that you must not have any open packages in the building. It took me a while to understand that I didn't have to buy all of the cans that I was filling, they could be set aside for others to buy. I am okay with that, but I wish I would have known.

No comments: