Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March so-far



We were able to attend the Draper temple open house this month. It was wonderful and the kids (especially Barrett and Elizabeth and Robert) were very excited that they got to go inside. We took Stephanie's friend Maria with us, we love those two girls! It seems that I didn't get the greatest pictures, but that is o.k.. These pictures were taken while we were waiting at in the hosting church building. Someone in each picture I took was goofing off. (Steph and Barrett)
****************************

Barrett got a Thursday off from school to compesate the teachers for parent teacher conferences. We took advantage of the fact that it was just the two of us, and went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. Barrett and I have talked and talked about going, but have never actually gone. I decided it was time, even though Barrett wanted to stay home and play video games. Once we got there, we both had such a fun time! We had so much fun, digging in the wet sand, pretending to be chased by gigantic sharks and seeing some wooden dinosaur bones dressed up in their pajamas! Barrett has said over and over that he is so glad that we went, and that he had such a fun time!



**********************************

The next day, Friday, both Elizabeth and Barrett had the day off for teacher compensation. We called Grandma Snow and my sister, Cheri and we went to the Museum of Art at BYU. My kids had so much fun and really loved spending time with their cousin, Benjamin. Elizabeth wanted to carry him everywhere and she did try.
One of the reasons why we wanted to go to the Museum of Art is because Walter Wick has an exhibit there right now. It was mostly pictures but there were three (or more) really, really cool sets from some of his books that were there! He is the co-author of I SPY and the author of Do You See What I See? At our home, we are big I SPY fans! After I snapped the picture of the kids at the exhibit entrance, the security lady told me not to take any pictures, so I put my camera away. Bummer.
If anyone knows where I can get I SPY posters or posters by Walter Wick, PLEASE let me know!




Grandma took the kids to the gift shop and bought them some things they loved! Elizabeth got the cute crochet bunny (I thought of Mindy J., she could totally make one of these!) and Barrett and Benjamin each got a board book. This picture is of Grandma reading to the crew while we waited for noon so we could hear the Carillon Bells chime. When we walked to our cars, it was snowing like crazy! It was beautiful. The big flakes, the kind when it is warmer. My favorite!! They were big enough that I could see the beautiful individual crystals when they stuck to my clothes or to the car window. I know it is March and everyone is ready to move on to spring, but I do love the snow. Pretty much always. Please do not throw rocks at my house.
************************
Stephanie had her second date. His name is Andrew and we (Robert and I) really liked him! Stephanie asked him to Spring Fling and because of the new state driving policy
(newly licenced, underaged drivers can not drive with anyone in the car that is not family until they have had their licence for six full months)
Robert and I drove Andrew and Stephanie and another couple on all their adventures. It was a full day and there were about seven couples. First, they had breakfast at Abbie's house, they went to the zoo for a scavenger hunt, then they went to dinner, the dance and back to Abbie's house for a movie. Whew. Robert and I were able to go out to lunch at The Blue Iguana after we dropped them off at the zoo.
We are very pleased with Stephanie's choice of boys. It is so fun to see her getting a bigger (huge) circle of friends. We have had a handful of them over almost every weekend for a while now.




Well, that is what we have been up to for the month of March so far. There are many more things, but I don't have time today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie looks so beautiful! Isn't it comforting to know that she has her head on straight? We love Stephanie around here!! And I really need to learn more about your sentences punishment. That might be just the ticket for our family!

Unknown said...

Awww... your baby is dating!!!!!
Your sentence punishment craks me up! Zach would be in heaven - his favorite thing to buy is a pad of his own paper and a pencil so he can write!:)

Michelle S. said...

Zach is such a sweet thing! I used to love the same thing! Nothing like a new pad of paper and a pencil! I spent a lot of babysitting money on that kind of thing. I still have glitter from when I was about 10 from Sprouse-Ritz.