Isn't she beautiful?
I really spent so much of my time this year before Christmas making this dress, that I didn't even think about doing my usual greeting cards. The pattern said "Easy". But it took me literally several weeks to understand it. It was worth it, though. It turned out like a dream. I have never really made any dresses for Elizabeth and I have wanted to, since Easter. My plan is that she will be able to wear this one for Easter 2010. I will just make a new sash in a different color. (She insists that it will NOT be pink! She is on strike from pink at the present time.)
Don't you think it looks like it could be a Cinderella dress?
I REALLY want to make her a headband, with one of those lovely, chunky flowers that are so in style right now, but we shall see if that happens. I hope it does!
Elizabeth has a tendancy to throw all her clothes in a pile on her bedroom floor, or stuff them into her dresser drawers. Because of this unfortunate lack of proper training from parental units, she and I have a deal...it has to hang in MY closet, and she is the one that is responsible for hanging it there.
So far, that is working out well for both of us!
5 comments:
Wow...once again I am in awe of your talent...Elizabeth..you look so lovely and grown up!
I picked out the shoes but it only took me 33 minutes total and $6.00.
That is a beautiful dress, you did a fantastic job!
She is so beautiful, just like her mother! I am so envious of your talent and one day may attempt to sew a 3 dimensional item! I vote for a lavender sash and a super chunky flower (I love making those) and did I mention that she looks BEAUTIFUL!
Holy Kazoley! That is such an amazing dress! Too much talent in that household, I think. I cannot BELIEVE how grown up Elizabeth is. She is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment