Saturday, January 2, 2010

Soldier Hollow












Today I had a milestone birthday. I won't say which milestone birthday it was, but those of you who know me, know which one it is. Robert wanted to know what he could do to make it memorable. A party? I told him I wanted to go sledding at the tube hill in Soldier Hollow. So we did.

The very most bestest part of the whole trip was that NOT ONE PERSON COMPLAINED ABOUT GETTING READY OR GOING! That was lovely. There was a bunch of arguing and fighting when we were there, and afterwards, but the beginning of the trip was lovely!

The day was beautiful and we were plenty warm! Too warm!

The first time we went down the hill, we all went together! It was SO FUN! I loved looking around at my family's faces and seeing the fun time they were having! I particularly love thinking about seeing Elizabeth's and Barrett's faces with the wide, open-mouthed smiles, yelling and laughing so loud! And I have to admit, I laughed the whole way down, every time.
It was a wonderful day and I am so thankful that I was able to share it with my family! I hope it is something they will remember forever and ever and ever, with fondness!

Roberto, thanks for taking me (& our list of hooligans)! I love you! It was a lovely day!

4 comments:

kim said...

happy birthday michelle!!!!! I have been thinking of you and need to come visit you so many houses away! I just have some funny stories to tell you and it just seems like forever since we have had a chat. I'm glad you had a great birthday!
kim

Kim said...

Happy Late Birthday!!! I love and miss you like crazy....it looks like you had a marvelous time...AND....I love love love your hat!!!!

Cindy said...

What a fun Birthday!! It looks and sounds like you had a BLAST!!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! It looks like you had so much fun! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your BEENIE! You will always remind me of M.E.! Hugs! Lauren (by the way, that "milestone" birthday isn't so bad, it's the ones following! LOL!)