Elizabeth has been the busiest kid in our home this year. I know Stephanie would disagree with this statement, but it is true.
Elizabeth has many interests and has been trying out a lot of new things.
She started orchestra at the beginning of the school year. This has been lovely. Elizabeth didn't do a lot of practicing, but she still really enjoyed it a lot and LOVED the performances. Being in orchestra meant that she had to be at the Jr. High at 7:45 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Luckily there was another student from her elementary that we carpooled with. They would take Elizabeth to orchestra and I would take them to school after orchestra.
She is on student council this year and will be again next year. Elizabeth is SUPER excited because Matt and Cyndi Boulden will be the advisers this next year, and she loves them so much.
Elizabeth has been in two plays in the last two months. The first play was "The New Adventures of Hansel and Gretel". It is the same exact play that Stephanie was in when she was in 6th grade. Elizabeth played the part of the school secretary. She was very good.
Then, right after that, the Missoula Children's Theatre came to town. They were doing a production of "Treasure Island". It is a one week production. They try out and get parts on Monday and they perform on Friday and Saturday of the same week. About 14 hours total from start to performance. She got the part of "Ruffian 2". She had SO much fun! Our house was very, very, VERY quiet for that week because she was always at rehearsal.
She gets invited to many, many birthday parties. Just this week she had two birthday parties. She really had a lot of fun at both.
She wants to sign up for track again this month, which I am NOT looking forward to because I hate to leave her at practices alone, si I end up staying for the whole practice. And her track meets last FOR.EV.ER!!! But she does love it, and I just need to get her signed up. The track coach is awesome and so positive!
She still has piano lessons every week, and sometimes I am very diligent at making sure she practices, and other weeks I am terrible at remembering. We have been on a bad streak lately, due to all the other things she has been involved in. She really wants to quit piano lessons, but I really am not going to let her. She will thank me later. But not now.
I think next season she would like to play rec. soccer. It may drive me to my padded cell at the state house, but I would love to see her play.
It will be interesting to see what she comes up with next.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow!!! I love that she is so active...but that means you are also very active...LOL. I wish we were there to enjoy all of her activities!
Post a Comment