Barrett came home with his back pack full of all the things he has used during the school year. One of the things he brought home was his spelling notebook and a journal. He was looking through these things as I was making dinner. And then he says to me:
"Mom, do you know what "WTF" stands for?
Me: "What do you think it stands for?"
Barrett: "I think it stands for 'What's For Dinner?'."
Me: "I like that a lot! Who told you that it stands for 'What's For Dinner?'?"
Barrett: "Omar" (He is our darling neighbor kid)
Me: "I just need you to know that most people in the world think that it means somthing else. Most people in the world use that as language that we don't use because it is disrespectful. But I like "What's For Dinner?" a lot! That is a much better choice."
Barrett: "Yeah, I like it."
I looked through his notebooks and I noticed that Barrett had taken one complete page and written in huge letters "WTF". I had to chuckle just a little bit.
I wondered where that whole conversation had come from!
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment