Monday, May 30, 2011

Today...

Today is Memorial Day. This is what I have done today:

I have replaced three of the four picture frames in the living room that needed replacement, desperately.

I have been to the Quilted Bear twice. I haven't been there for at least a year. I didn't get a great chance to look around, but I did get what I was looking for. I also saw a necklace with matching earrings that I could, potentially "need".

I took the boys with me and we got courtesy cones from Arctic Circle. They are very tiny, but they were just the right size for hitting the sweet tooth!

Fed my kids a couple of times. (Also known as "The Job That Never Ends")

Watched "The Spy Next Door" with my children. I really, really liked it. Elizabeth said that we "should buy this one".

Did some laundry, including some children's bedding!! (What an accomplishment! I know!!)

Looked to see what was for sale at the fabric store closest to my home.

Wondered how on earth we will get everything together for Parker to go on Trek. This one has given me a head ache.

Still wondering how we will be at all the things we need to be at tomorrow. Things just keep piling up on the same day. If there is one thing, there is at least three. Soccer try outs. Soccer meeting. Football meeting. Dress shopping. Work. At least orchestra is over for the school year, and I don't have to worry about that one!!

Wondered about my friends: Anne, Dessie, Sue, Kim, Christine and Angela. Those are just the friends that I vividly remember thinking about, but I am sure there are more!

I read quite a few chapters of a book called "Heaven is for Real". It is about a little boy that visited heaven and remembered a lot of what he experienced there. I really love it, so far. I really believe that Heaven is real and that God loves us all very, very much.

Tomorrow will be crazy, but it will be worth it!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

wow...you accomplished so much more than I did...I accomplished laying in my bed feeling horrible. Then I went to work and felt horrible there....Maybe another day I'll be as productive as you...I hope.

Michelle S. said...

Kim, why were you feeling horrible? I hope you aren't sick!! I have been thinking about you and graduation. Loved the pictures! Feeling a bit sad about not being there.

As for productivity, it comes and goes. We do our best, right? Most every day seems like we are running and running and putting out more and more fires. I am hoping that part of you enjoyed your time in bed. I just wish you didn't feel horrible!

Susan said...

I was thinking about YOU today. I have a little gift for you--just a small token of my gratitude for you and your friendship. You are an amazing friend, mother and wife and accomplished more in one day than I do in a week!! Way to go!!