Sunday, May 8, 2011

Not this weekend, I am afraid...


The day: February 13, 2011
The place: Our front yard
The weather: very, very nice


After a bout with winter, the kids jumped at the chance to be in the great outdoors.
Elizabeth chose to go barefoot.

Parker chose to wear his HOUSE slippers out doors.


This picture will not let me turn it around. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Parker and Barrett reading together.


Elizabeth enjoying her book and the warm-ish weather.
The high 40's seem like heaven when you have been sub-zero for so long!
(This weekend, we are supposed to get a LOT of snow. Parker's scout snow mobile outing has been cancelled, due to the weather forecast.)

Zack joined us for dinner, which was a HUGE treat and we enjoyed that A LOT!!

Later that evening, we played games and had a lovely time.

Robert and I were up in our bedroom, and Robert looks out the front window. turns to me and says:
"What do you think it means when about 15 boys in tuxedos are walking up to the front door of our house?"

I didn't really answer him, I just went into panic mode trying to locate my camera, because I knew that it meant something wonderful was going to happen!

I ran down the stairs yelling and flailing my arms like mad.
"WHERE'S MY CAMERA???!! WHERE'S MY CAMERA!!???"

I remember the look on Zack's face.
He was extremely bewildered.
So was Stephanie.

Stephanie ran and got her camera and just in time.

The door knocked just as I turned the camera on to video the event that I had no idea about what was going to truly happen.

Stephanie opened the door and all those handsome, adorable high school boys started serenading her with "In the Still of the Night".

They were awesome, and my 41 year old heart melted like a school girl's.

Then the lead guy named John Rogers, knelt down and gave Stephanie a beautiful, red rose.
They waited for about three seconds when they finished singing, and then suddenly they turned and ran to their cars, without saying anything else.

I bought that song on itunes the next day.

When Stephanie closed the door she said:
"I hope that John Rogers didn't just ask me to Senior Ball?"
(She has already been asked to Senior Ball.)

They left no explanation, they just sang and left. We were left to draw our own conclusions. And that was SO fun!!

The next day at school, there was stories of many girls having the same wonderful event happen to them at their homes the same evening.

When any of the boys were asked about it the next day at school, they acted like they had no idea what was going on. Stephanie says that it has been a valentine tradition for the Madrigal Choir boys to go and sing to and give flowers to the senior girls.

Very, very cool.

The mothers of these boys have every right to be so proud of them. I just know that they will all be wonderful men and fathers.

No comments: