Saturday, May 24, 2014

Birthday Uno

So, today was Parker's birthday.  19.  Yeesh.  Time is just so fleeting.

My mom came up and spent some time with us, looking at the pictures that Parker brought back with him.  We also played Whoknew and Uno.  Parker also showed her the souvenirs that he brought home with him.  It was just awesome!  We talked and laughed and just had a great time.


In the evening, we went to dinner.  Parker wanted to go to Astro Burger.
It was a mistake, as his stomach has forgotten what it is like to have a greasy burger and fries.  He didn't even finish his meal.  Very unusual.  And I'm glad he had this new revelation.

I wish I would have gotten more pictures of him on his birthday.
I am thankful that we got to spend his birthday with him.  How bizarre is that, that he will only miss one birthday on his mission?

Our awesome neighbor, Brook, made a checkerboard cake for Parker!  I will get pictures of that later, and hopefully remember to post them!
Brook is known to be an awesome cook and baker!  I would say 'lady', but she is too hip to be a lady.  She is more like a 'chick', or something that is way more cool than 'lady'.

No comments: