So, lots of things. Here is what I wrote to my missionaries tonight, so that you may know what has happened this week:
Christmas is THAT much closer!
The snowball bushes will be in full bloom this week! The lilacs just bloomed and were spectacular! They smelled up the whole side of our yard!
I pruned the peach trees back a bit, and they are not happy about it.
So this week...hmmm.... let's see....
Monday was just pretty much stress filled. Barrett has had a cough for about a week. At least. It has been giving him headaches, and he woke up with one on Monday. So I kept him home until about 10:00 and hoped that the cough medicine and motrin would kick in. It did, so I took him to school. While I was waiting for the headache to go away, I made cookies for the teachers over at the Jr. High, because teacher appreciation is going on right now. I did also have a lot of stress about the end of year testing. I ended up in the school board superintendent's office to talk with him about it. He wasn't happy. I think mostly because I knew what I was talking about, and he didn't agree with my questions. He seemed to think that I was a wacko. Sigh. I also got to deliver my Anne's stamps to her house and we had a lovely one hour visit!
Tuesday Barrett's team played the second place team, and lost to them. Park City. Now they are in second place for the first time all season. It is nice for me to have the pressure off, though. They have one more game for this season, and if everything comes together, they could move up to the premier division! I have mixed feelings about that. But we may be making changes anyway. Who knows what will happen!
Wednesday Barrett had scouts and Lucy had YW. The young women are joining the young men for the flag fundraiser now. It is nice that the girls are willing to help, and want to help with it. I think not only does it help the boys, but it helps the girls so that they don't have to plan an auction and spaghetti dinner, but still are able to have the budget that they need! Lucy is excited about it!
Thursday was soccer training for Barrett and soccer practice for Lucy. She is still talking about trying out for the high school soccer team. It gives me great stress, because these girls are mean. IF they were not such mean girls, I would tell her to go for it, because she would have nothing to loose. But I think she does have something to loose. This is just not the right atmosphere, and circumstance. These girls are not someone that you want to be around for any longer than you have to be. It isn't worth it.
Friday is usually the day that Lucy goes somewhere in the evening. Sometimes it is babysitting and sometimes it is with her friends. This past week she went with her friends. Since Robert works late on Fridays, it is just Barrett and I almost every week. When Barrett got home from school, he did his running and then we cleaned the fall leaves from around the tree in the back yard. He tried to call his friend Jeff to play but he had a soccer game. So we went to Jeff's game. It was really fun to cheer for a lot of the kids in Barrett's class. We took the flag and the cowbell, but didn't even get to use the cowbell! I got to talk to Jeff's mom for the whole game. It was great! Barrett went down to the field and practiced corner kicks at half time. He is pretty dang good at bending them into the net from the corner! I knew he has scored quite a few times from that in games, but I have never seen him just take practice kicks like that.
Saturday Lucy and Barrett had AYSO games. And Barrett played for the white team. Then Barrett had a party at a team mate's house for those on the team that did running in the summer. Lucy and her friend went to the temple to do baptisms. They said that they were the only ones there on a Saturday night and they got to do 10 names! They have a goal to go to every temple in Utah this year! (Maybe it is this summer, I don't want to get the details wrong!!)
On Saturday, RSL came back from 2 goals behind in a road game to win 3 to 2!! They got 2 goals in the 90th minute! It was a very exciting game! Plata had 2 and Sabo had 1. It was a brilliant substitution from the new coach that made such an impact on those final minutes! Pretty dang awesome! They played the Chicago Fire in Chicago!
Yvonne is in intesive care. She still has that Yvonne sparkle in her eye. She is one amazing lady and I love her and Merrit so much.
And, we are still trying to figure out the skyping deal. Dad was going to ask around church today if anyone had a laptop we could borrow. He forgot. Something will come together. I will try my hardest to get my skype name tomorrow, so that we can be ready for Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed, and your prayers going that we can find a laptop donor!!
On Saturday we got some dvds back from Costco that have our home videos transfered to them. They were from when Stephanie was about 7 and Parker was about 5. Lucy was just born. It has the smokestacks being demolished, and Lucy so tiny. You were all so small. It was fun to see you both playing rec soccer! Stephanie's team had the tye die shirts!!
I have had overwhelming feelings today of being just a complete failure. I know where those feelings come from and I don't listen to them for very long, even though they are painful. They are not the accurate account of things and go away much more quickly when I don't let them bother me (and when I pray for them to be gone).
I forgot to tell them that Robert and I went to the temple on Friday morning after we dropped Barrett off at school. It was nice. A famous young singer from here in Murray, that competed in a popular reality tv singing show was there, in our session. He just returned from his mission. It was very tempting to wave and smile at him, but we didn't. I think he was happy with his anonymity. And we were happy to see him have it.
So yeah. That has been the week here. I could go into more details, but it is late, and I have been pretty good about getting to bed earlier!
I finished my apron. I hope to post pictures soon. I don't like how the neck fits. So much effort. It did turn out cute! So that is a good thing!
I started a new quilt. I hope to be determined to finish it by some deadline. Any suggestions on what deadline I should choose? My friend, Anne K. thinks I am kidding when I say I have 17 unfinished quilt projects. If she only knew that is a pretty conservative number. I think I can get this top together, if I don't have to put everything away. I had better get going on it! I have a lot of the cutting out done. We'll see what happens.
Also, today I watched the last 10 minutes or so of Frozen. Now I have seen the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes. I like it. It is well done. Someday I will see the whole thing. I am very excited about the rumors for the second Incredibles. That is one of my very favorites!
Hopefully I will write again, before June!
1 comment:
It's always so nice to catch up with your family!!
Post a Comment