I got a call from Parker's mission president this morning.
He has two tears in his retnas. Probably both eyes have a tear. One bigger than the other. Lucky for him, the area authority is an ophthalmologist. He told the mission president to get Parker home asap and get this fixed. So, he is on a plane home, right now. He will be home on Saturday night!
Parker said that this has been bugging him since the MTC.
He will return as soon as possible to his mission. The time frame for his return is estimated at between 2 weeks and 2 months.
But it is very likely that he will be here for his birthday!! How awesome is that?! (I know, kind of scary about the eye thing, so pray for the guy!) When we skyped with him on Mother's Day (only 5 days ago!), he told us he has lost 30 pounds. Yikes! He didn't have 30 pounds to lose! So we will meet him at the airport with donuts and chocolate milk. (And hope he isn't sick from the long plane ride!)
Today was Yvonne's funeral. It was beautiful. Just like her.
It was the first time that Robert conducted a funeral as a bishop.
Today I also had a dentist appointment in which I learned that my implant will have to be extracted and replaced with a bone graft. And then a new implant.
Oh, goodie.
I can hardly wait.
So, it has been an extremely 'curve ball' kind of day. Just when I think I have a handle on what is going on around me, it isn't what I thought it would be, and changes dramatically.
Thursday, May 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What?!?! I hope his eyes heal quickly. What do they do to help with that? Surgery? How crazy, unexpected and scary BUT, fun to see him too. What a mix of emotions! Trenton is graduating from Seminary on Sunday, any chance you guys want to come down to that and have some cake and ice cream to celebrate Trenton's b-day? And so it gives Parker a chance to give Trenton a missionary pep-talk. Or is that not kosher?
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about Parker! We are going to be there from june 1st through the 9th. I hope we will get to see him.
So I am a little late coming to the party and just saw your "surgery went well" post on Facebook. We send Parker our wishes for a speedy recovery!!! I had surgery done for the same thing almost 10 years ago. Scary, but it's amazing what they can do and how quickly he will be back to normal.
Post a Comment