Last month has been just one huge whirlwind of activity! I feel like I haven't even had time to do anything regular. (Except laundry and making meals, but even those were squeezed into the schedule.) I haven't even had a chance to visit a fabric store in weeks!!!
We had our annual Easter Egg Extravaganza on Saturday. It wasn't such an extravaganza as much as it has been in the past. We were missing a lot of the usual participants and it was very quiet compared to other times we have had it. The Nebraska Schafers were in Nebraska. Janelle and Jeff (my sister and her hubby) and their daughter Emily didn't come. Janelle had to work and poor Emily had a bad case of the stomach flu. We missed everyone that wasn't there! My mother in law actually made her potato salad this year instead of buying it from Sam's Club!! I requested that and it was very, very yummy!
Stephanie, Parker and I have been watching a television series from Ireland called "Father Ted". It is very funny, but has a lot of language and some content that is not appropriate (British humor abounds). It is about three priests who basically get banished to a little island called Craggy Island because they are doofuses and mess up everywhere they have been. Stephanie's favorite episode is called "Speed 3". Father Ted gets the milkman fired for bad behavior and the milkman gets revenge by putting a bomb on the milk truck, which one of the priests ends up driving.
Stephanie says that Father Ted reminds her of The Office. I would have to agree. I have to say that it is weird to see religious officials betting the winter warming budget on what sheep will win the king of the sheep, and the language is very nonchalant. I really like this show! I even got the library to order it for their shelves! (So far the library only has season 1). For sure, do not watch it with kids!
Also, I have been doing Body Sculpting with Gilad, almost every morning. It is very hard, and my legs and butt are especially sore, but I can feel a change starting. Gilad comes on at 8:30 a.m. and is only 1/2 hour, so it works for me. Hopefully I will stick with it.
Stephanie is glad and sad that the play is over. She has been doing A LOT with some of the cast members this past week and really loves to hang out with them. They watched a slide show of the play pictures and played soccer on Friday and went to the area church dance together on Saturday night. She wants this to continue all week, as it is a week long spring break. I don't blame her. I am wishing that I was as outgoing as she is when I was her age. She will not discuss who she is romantically interested in with me.
Parker has what he calls "a crush"on a very cute girl named Chelsea. She had one of her friends ask Parker if he liked her, "because she really likes you." She has brown-blonde hair and brown eyes. She is very cute and I had the chance to meet her when I went to the Jr. High to sell tickets to the play. Chelsea wrote Parker a note that was pretty long and part of it says "If we were 16 and in high school together, I would totally say yes to you!" (I think and hope she meant that if he asked her out.) It seems that they are keeping things pretty appropriate so far. They don't talk on the phone and no emails, I like this girl! She seems to not be high maintenance, which I think is good for Parker. I hear stories from other moms about girls that call their house after midnight and I am very glad that Parker is interested in someone that is not boy crazed or emotionally desperate.
Robert has been going to town on the sheet rock in the kitchen renovation. I am glad he is such a motivated guy. I would for sure be living in a van down by the river if I didn't have him.
Well, my novel could go on and on. I am out of time. Barrett has storytime in 30 minutes. I hope I don't forget.
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I loved loved loved reading about your guy's life lately. Now I want to check out this Father Ted thing...where in the world did you hear about it? Is it on TV? So, Josh and lexi broke up...they didn't stop being friends they just decided not to be boyfriend girlfriend as she didn't want their friendship ruined. Well I think this upset Josh because they are not as close as they were...friendship wise. He says this doesn't upset him, but I think it really does. I'm glad to hear that Parker and his "crush" are keeping it just friends. I think that's a good thing. Anyway, thanks for the update...always love to hear about it.
ps.....good for you on the exercising!!
I heard about Father Ted from watching Keeping Up Appearances on DVD. They had a preview of it. I thought, what the heck. The episode that Stephanie loves is on season 3 disk 1 (I think) It is called Speed 3. I got it from Netflix.
I've already put season one in our q on netflix...don't know how to spell q...sorry. Right now we have Pirates 3, Oceans 13 and Medium season 3 disc 4. I also discovered they have Beauty and Beast the series...I got it and Aaron made fun of me for watching it. It is cheesy but still fun.
Post a Comment