Prank calls.
If you have ever had a friend prank call you, or if you have ever prank called a friend, you might enjoy this blog.
Last soccer season, while we were in a carpool with 6 crazy boys, it was revealed that if you dial *67 on the phone, your call will not show on the caller ID. Someone suggested that they make some prank calls to people they knew. The boys called some kids they knew and their prank calls were totally dumb. I told them that back in the day we would call and ask people if their refrigerator was running/they should go get it before it got too far. I suggested that when they call, to ask if the person would like to buy a duck or something. Well, Stephanie decided to call Parker's friend, Johnny Hummer, as he has a very easy phone number to remember. Stephanie decided that this would be most hilarious to speak with a British accent, so that's what she did.
"Is this Johnny? I was just wondering if you would like to buy a duck?"
The conversation was abundantly more funny to the people in the van than to Johnny, and he just shrugged it off to someone else's stupidity. Stephanie revealed herself to Johnny sometime after that and we all had a chuckle.
Today, Stephanie and Makayla and the neighborhood kids were at it again-Prank calls with the protection of *67. Stephanie knew that Johnny was in on the duck offer, so she called Parker's other friend, Chandler.
Stephanie: "Is this Chandler? Would you like to buy a duck?" (in a British accent).
Chandler said: "Hi Stephanie."
Stephanie: "How did you know it was me?"
Chandler: "I was there when you told Johnny about when you called him."
Stephanie: "Dang it!"
Well, now Elizabeth has been completely obsessed with this whole duck thing. She has been speaking in an British accent (very well) and coming up with a whole telemarketing/infomercial script for a fictional company she calls "Ducks Incorporated". She would like me to make her a duck costume so she can go door to door asking people if they would like to buy a duck.
Me: "Elizabeth, what if they say 'Yes, I'd like to buy a duck.'?"
Elizabeth: "Well then I would have some paper ducks that I have made ahead of time that they could buy. Wouldn't that be hilarious Mom?!!!"
Me: "Well, I think I would be willing to make a duck costume for you for Halloween, but I probably won't do it just so you can go around teasing people."
Elizabeth: "I would like it before Halloween, plus, I wouldn't be teasing them, I would be tricking them."
Me: "Yeah, like 'Trick-or-treat'?"
Elizabeth: "Oh, yeah, I guess."
If you get a phone call or a solicitor in a duck costume asking if you would like to buy a duck, chances are it will be my kids...or someone associated with them.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
YOu guys are too funny! How random is a duck?
I think she should sell those little rubber duckies to put in the tub...that's a funny story...Love that Chandler said "hi stephanie"..
Loved our chat today...thanks!!
That is so funny! Your kids are very creative!
Your kids are the best. No wonder we love them so much.
Hi Michelle! I found you blog via. Shauna's via. Aubreys. I am kind of a blog stalker so I HAD to check it out! I cannot beleive how BIG your kids are!! I remember when Stephaine was in my nursery class and then in my CTR/5 class. Wow--time really flies! I hope that you don't mind but I will continue to read your cute blog! Fell free to do the same with mine! Have a great day!! (0:
Jillene (Schow) Cox (just in case you forgot me! (0: ).
WOW--I really need to slow down when I am typing! Sorry about all the typos in the 1st comment!
JILLENE!!! It is so fun to hear from you!!! Yes, I am glad that you stalked me out. It is always such a treat to see you and now I can see you lots!
Your kids are darling! How lucky are they to have your parents for grandparents!?!?!? I envy them!
Hey, do you want to buy a duck?
Yeah--LOVED the whole duck prank call thing! I used to lov to make prank calls! Your kids are super cute!
I will have to admit that my kids are really lucky in the grandparent department. My parents are the BEST!
Post a Comment