Thursday, August 28, 2008

Quirks

The Rules:-Link the Person who Tagged you-Mention rules on your blog-Tell about 6 quirks of yours-Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same-Leave a comment to let them know. Pay attention, as your name could be at the bottom of this post!!!

Okay, I have been tagged by Kim C. . I have only recently understood this 'tagging' thing, so here goes...

1~ I LOVE POPCORN! A lot. When I was a teenager and we were out of school for the summer, we would seriously eat popcorn for most of our meals!


2~ I get very nervous before sporting events that I or my kids participate in. I have to pee about 3 times before we leave. Once we get there I am like a camel and can hold it for hours, I have to see every minute possible of the playing time! Those jitters before hand just about drive me crazy. Yeah, probally T.M.I., but there it is.

3~ In about 6th grade I found some fabric that I LOVED at the Cotton Shop in Provo. My mom bought it for my birthday and made a queen size quilt with it for me (my bed was a queen size at that time). I remember that a lot of my mom's friends came over to work on it with us and it was one of the first things I worked on by myself with the sewing machine, to finish the edges. It is pink and has little cats printed all over it with pink bows around their necks. I love this quilt and it is on our bed right now. Robert is usually very opinionated about certain things, but I am thankful that he doesn't mind my "Kitty Cat" blanket on our bed. This quilt has a certain feel to it and I love remembering all the friends that helped put it together in the 'blue room' at the 'green house'.

4~ Most minty gum makes me sneeze. Not every time, but almost every time.

5~ I love to roast marshmallows on the stove with skewers. Especially on rainy days.
F.Y.I.: gas stoves do not produce optimal results!

6~ I have been wrong on the sex of every single one of my children. We picked opposite sex names for each of them too. So, if my kids would have been the opposite sex from what they are, their names would have been, in order:

Forrest
Julie
Jetson (Jet)
Sophie Rose

I am soooo glad Stephanie is a girl!! The movie Forrest Gump came out soon after she was born and safely named Stephanie.

Okay, that is six. Now I would like to tag Kim Schafer, Alison, Heather, Stephanie Schafer, Stephanie M. and Shauna B..

4 comments:

Kim said...

This was so fun to read...after all these years I learned a thing or two....I love it! Michelle..you are just one of my favorite people in the world, you are awesome! I love and miss you so much!

Jillene said...

That was so funny! I am glad that Stephanie was a girl too! Forrest was such a cute name--before Forrest Gump that is! (0:

Kim C. said...

I am so glad you shared! I love to hear stuff like that about people. That is so funny about the gum. Sunshine makes me sneeze!

Unknown said...

yumm.....I am a popcrn freak too! Can't get enough! You have cute quirks darling!