We have had some of the sweetest neighbors who are very dear friends with my kids. This summer has been a wonderful summer for Elizabeth and Barrett particularly as they have had some great play mates to run around the neighborhood with and who were always eager to play at a second's notice.
Today was their last day on Rose Circle. They have moved to another neighborhood, not too far away, but things just won't be quite the same.
I have been silently locking away the sad feelings that I thought I might have regarding this situation and now it is here and I have to face them. I hate it when that happens! I am not sad for me, but I am sad for the friendships that were in full bloom and joyously being participated in. They won't be quite the same. I hope you don't think that I am assuming that the friendships are over, because I don't. I just know that they won't be spontanious and as frequent. Now they will be scheduled with a bit more space in between times.
Last night I went over to check on the progress of the move and I was caught off guard by Barrett's little friend, Ethan. He came right up to me and in his darling little four year old voice said: "Do you think you could move to where we are moving to?" At that moment, I wished to have a million dollars so I could buy that house and have them stay forever! I don't think that will be the last time I wish that.
One of my favorite things that Barrett and Ethan did this summer also involved Kennalee. The three of them decided that it would be interesting/entertaining to line up apples from the neighbor's tree in the middle of the road and watch them get run over. Kevin Clark helped in this endevor by kindly obliging the 'running over' part of the program. They were thrilled to see the results. The only problem with this is that it involved actually being in the street, which I do not approve of. They also tried this with carrots from Ethan's refrigerator. You can see the carrots in the picture above, on the left.
I will truely miss this sweet family. I am sure that I will not miss them as much as my children will.
Tonight when Barrett said his prayers, he asked Heavenly Father to "please help Ethan to sleep good". After his prayer he told me: "Mom, I love Ethan."
And I know he does.
5 comments:
So sweet! I hate when that happens--it seems to happen to all of Hannah's bff's.
Love the lining up of apples and carrots and running them over--maybe I will have to try that (in all of my spare time of course).
I love the apple and carrot story...so fun!! What glee they must of felt when there wish of seeing them run over was fulfilled. Change is so hard sometimes and it seems things are always changing...*sigh*
I am not a big fan of change either. It sad to see friends go and move somewhere else. I have to say that I love the apples and carrot story also. What cute kids!!!
I am so sorry! I remeber as a kid always being so sad when the the kids on our street moved away! Hey!
At least you he a million other kids on the circle to play with!:)
So sorry my friend!!!! I wish I wasn't laying here by the beach reading this so I could be just a bit more sympathetic! No serious I know you and you my friend are a true friend and your children will cary that same quality with them. True Friendships Never End......
Post a Comment