So I can, with some confidence, say that today was another last first...
Barrett started kindergarten.
He was so excited! The second that he was out of the car, he ran straight over to the playground to be with everyone else. He didn't even wave, he just flew. He played just for a few minutes on the play equipment and then he played hopscotch for quite a few more minutes with his friend, Noah. And then, he couldn't stand it anymore. He HAD to go into the classroom, so in we went. Much to his delight, his seat is next to Emily, one of his favorite people!
A couple of things that I loved about this experience:
~Barrett let me give him a full on hug and a regular kiss!! Definantly the bonus of the day! He wiped off the kiss afterwards, but he was a very willing participant!
~I thought Barrett would be nervous to ride the bus, so I went to pick him up, only to discover that he was very anxious to ride that big yellow thing!
~Barrett was worried about how his hair looked.
He picked out his outfit for tomorrow before he got into bed tonight. I wonder if they have lessons on clothing dos and don'ts. He could benefit greatly from something in that area.The hardest thing about today is that the kids all came home, and in dire need of my immediate attention.
8 comments:
He is so cute! That is weird that they had the first day of Kindergarten on a Thursday.
Oh, I hated the first day of kindergarten last year! You are handeling it WAY better then i did! Dang it - I still have 2 more to go! He is such a sweet little boy! Enjoy your afternoons of peace and quiet!
I left a comment and when reading it back it sounded D U M...so I'm rewriting....
Barrett is a cutie patutie...I love the things you love! He is such a sweet guy and has so much character! Good Luck Barrett!!
What a cutie! Mason will be in Kindergarten next year, my how the time flies! Are you enjoying your "quiet time?" :)
Wow Michelle, that is so exciting, but doesn't part of you want to cry that your baby is getting older? My baby started 7th grade this year, and I feel old, what happened to all the time? That is so awesome you can still get hugs and kisses out of your kids, I'm envious Barrett is adorable!
Thanks Alison! I have to tell you that when I told Parker that Barrett started kindergarten that day, he asked me "Are you gonna cry when he goes into class?" I told him that I didn't know. I didn't think that I was going to cry, but sometimes I don't see it coming.
I didn't cry.
I DID come home and have a tiny bit of a snooze after I lazily did the dishes with NO ONE PESTERING ME!!!
YEE-HAW!!!
He looks so cute! I am gald that he was excited for school! What a doll!
Post a Comment