Monday, September 8, 2008

New Floor


Robert has been slaving away, installing the new hardwood floor in our home.

It is very pretty. I have no experience with the care of wood flooring, so we'll see how that goes! I am hopeful though, our kids are getting older and are more understanding of some things. Unlike the pergo-type flooring in our big upstairs room, this flooring will scratch! No hotwheels or high heels allowed. Yeah, right! We'll see about the hotwheels!

I have to say that it really feels good to get the progress going again! We have almost all the kinks worked out of the decision making and there is an upward swing in the momentum! Woo-Hoo!!!
The finish on the floor is soooo very smooth! Barrett and Elizabeth got right to work sliding in their socks on it. Fun times all around.

6 comments:

Jillene said...

I. LOVE. MY. HARDWOOD. FLOOR!! It is the most amazing thing ever! It is super easy to take care of too! My kids also slide around in their socks--good times!

Kim said...

wow..that looks so nice!

Rachel Elison said...

It looks great!!! Yeah for you guys!

Unknown said...

Come do mine next! It looks good! I will be by to see it soon!
lucky duckie!:)

Kim C. said...

That floor is beautiful! Mine used to look like that...I need to figure out how to get rid of the scratches on mine!

Kim C. said...

p.s. is that a sweat-band around Robert's head? I love it!