So Robert and I have sometimes (frequently) been pretty frustrated about our children's lack of motivation to do the minor chores that they have been asked to do. I have to say that at times they do SUCH a good job, but those times are not as prevalent as a parent's ideal and usually accompany a privilege that could be in jeopardy.
This past week Stephanie was assigned the chore of "Garbage Duty". This job requires that the person 'on duty' is responsible to:
1~Bring up the garbage cans from the street on trash day.
2~Take the trash out to the trash can when the bin is full. (You would think this is obvious, but alas, reminders and nagging usually have to happen before action is taken)
3~Pick up any garbage surrounding any garbage can in the house.
4~Replace all the liners in the bins.
Our kids have been on GD for quite a few years now. You would think that they might have understood the four steps of being sucessful at GD. Not alway so, my friend.
Robert just came around the corner with this:
"You would think that a 15 year old would understand how to take out the garbage by this point in life! You should blog that!"
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Really? I already have issues with my 9, 6 (tomorrow) and 2 year old. They despise cleaning their rooms and the toy room. Zachary is good about doing the garbage--NOW--I am sure when he gets a little older I will be rolling my eyes too! I can't wait until they get to do dishes, clean toilets and mow the lawn--what a treat!
Oh the joys of being a teenager... anything to annoy our parents!:)
I remember those days quite well!
I feel your pain!!! It drives me crazy! Good luck on that. Just like you I am trying to hang in there! So Hang in there also! They'll catch on someday!:)
I have to say that I think you are right, Rachel! It is also important to recognize her billions of wonderfulnesses.
Lets not forget that when i do the chore, i do it well. Give me a break, okay?
Yes, to your credit, I acknowledge that you DO know how to do it very well. Sometimes you just choose NOT to do the chore as well as you know how to do. Hence the blog.
Post a Comment