Robert is in his 15th year with the same job. It is kind of amazing in this economic climate that we live in for someone to stay at the same job for this long.
Fidelity celebrates every five year mark for each of their employees. On Thursday, Robert and I went to the University of Utah for this celebration. It was a very unusual event for me to be invited to a Fidelity function of this nature. These five year recognition celebrations are the only time that spouses are invited. Every Christmas party that Robert has gone to has been for employees only. It is an 'east coast' thing to only have employees attend parties.
We got to have our pictures taken in front of a green screen, which you can see had a purpose. The company was able to put in a fabulous picture of the mountains. Still, it is a pretty good picture of me and Robert together. Robert is not taller than me, he was standing on his toes, which is why we look like we are laughing, because we were. This is a picture of the picture. Like Ashleigh, I don't have a scanner.
We had a great time. They served a "light dinner". I got to try some foods that I have never had before. I especially liked that part, because I didn't have to pay for something I might hate. I liked it all, for the most part.
Dessert was miniature donuts that they fried fresh, right in front of you. They also had a chocolate fountain, which wasn't as much fun as I had thought it might be. The best part of dessert was the strawberries, they were SO good!
And on the way out, they gave each guest a chocolate frog. I thought this was kind of wierd, but Robert explained to me that one of Fidelity's first funds was something with the acronym: DIBBIT. I think. So it is kind of an inside thing for people who work there.
Alrighty then.
We had a great time. Congratulations Robert!
9 comments:
That's cool....love the picture, it is a really good one of you guys. You look so pretty, Michelle...you look pretty too Robert..LOL
That is funny! I guess now I know what my brother has to look forward to--green screen pictures and a chocolate frog. I'll let him know the GREAT news!! (0:
That is really great that he has been at the same job for 15 years! And--it really is a good pic of the 2 of you!
hey michelle,
tomorrow is quilt class. I also wondered if you could do the machine quilt stuff In October instead of November. I am thinking October will be the end for the year.
Way to go Robert! Love the picture of the two of you! You look amazing!
Michelle,
I just realized the 23rd is stake leadership night and we actually have it scheduled for the 30th. Does this work or do you want me to change to a week the first part of November?
cute picture! That's awesome he has worked for them for so long... WAY TO ROBERT!
ARe you going to eat the frog????:)
The frogs are already history. They were not as tasty as they were cute.
Hi Michelle! I love your blog! You look great! Hugs! Lauren
Meeechelle...where are you? I miss you!
Post a Comment