Whatever you want to call it, I have been out of action lately. I have been too lazy to log on to comment or post for a while now.
I am still here.
I have been using a ton of my mental capacity to work on decisions on details for our kitchen renovation. I swear, who knew it would be so taxing to figure out knobs and drawer pulls? Not to mention, should we get the one peice sink/countertop or should we get granite with an undermount sink? And what granite/composite should we pick? Will I like the color or will I hate it all my life? Will I like the sink? Everyone is telling us that stainless steel sinks are the most popular kind right now, which is what we have had forever and I hate it, but we could get one for free with the purchase of granite. I think I want a quartz sink, but again, unsure. We are also picking out paint colors for the kitchen right now.
Whew.
And when I have "free time" (HA!) I feel like it is very difficult to do anything but sit and be unproductive. Which includes blogging. Productive?
I'd love to know what you all think about granite vs. composite.
Cabinets will be installed NEXT WEEK!!!
Thanks for the lifeline, Kim.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would choose Granite myself. As for the sink--go with the Stainless Steel--I hae a cream colored one and I HATE IT!! It stains eaisily and looks dirty all of the time even though I am obsessed with scrubbing it!!
Jillene, what is your sink made of? Is it corian or like corian? I have a stainless steel one right now and I hate it!
Oh, now it's all clear...there are decisions and choices to make....I totally understand. I think granite is so pretty and just regal looking. As for the sink...we have a white one and it is stained...the only think I've found that works on getting the stains out is barkeepers friend...or something like that....I would go with the stainless steel...unless there is something else that is easily cleaned. But this is your kitchen and you should be very happy with the end result..go with your gut!!
Hey I know you don't know me because I am a blog hopper. I found your blog from Ashleigh Butlers blog. I have a granite counter top that I love the composite stuff is nice but it does not look the same, I can spot it a mile away. The trick to good granite is to find a good fabricator and then you should'nt have any problem with your granite. Good luck on your choices I know how hard it is because I have been there. Oh, we used Advanced Marble and they were great and their prices were good to.
Post a Comment