Thursday, October 9, 2008

Update on 'the quilt'

I am now on the outside border of the "15 Year Anniversary Quilt" that I started waaay back in April of 2005.

Don't faint: I have worked on it twice this week. (This is how I found out that Bonnie Hunt has a talk show.) I am hopeful to get it done before I teach the ward Relief Society how to machine quilt at the end of the month. I think it should also be an awards ceremony, IF 'the quilt' is done by then!

I would like to also note that this week, besides quilting, I went swimming (for exercise) AND I got to go to a quilt store's Autumn Market (I got an ice cream cone on the way home to balance out the swimming).
I did ALL of these things SOLO!

I just wanted to make a record for myself that I have had some real, honest time to do something that I usually only barely take time to think about. It is amazing how much better you feel about stressful things when you get an hour out of your usual~ness.

3 comments:

Jillene said...

I can't WAIT until I can do things by myself!! Only 3 more yeras....

Kim said...

I'm glad you got some me time...it's so needed...good for you on the quilt too...You always get the top award in my book, Michelle...love you!

Shaunab said...

I am glad you got a few hours to your self to work on things that you want to. I can't wait to see the quilt and for you to do the quilt class. You are awesome and will do fabulous!!!