Monday, October 20, 2008

New popcorn revelation

I was so excited today to try something I learned from "All Recipes"!!!

Apparently, you can fix your own
popcorn in the microwave!

Step 1~ Get a brown paper bag (I used a lunch sack)

2~ Since the bag I used is smaller, I used 1/4 cup popcorn. I tried 1/3 cup, but it was PACKED in there when it was done. 1/4 cup worked out pretty good.

3~ In a small bowl, mix the popcorn with about 1/4 teaspoon oil. I made sure to stir it with a spoon. You can use olive, vegetable, canola, whatever.

4~ Put the popcorn/oil mix into your bag

5~ Fold bag over twice and give it a small tear and fold that over, to hold the fold down.

6~ Microwave it. Every microwave differs in how it will cook. The popcorn will slow down and stop popping when it is done. Stay close to the microwave and listen. When the popping slows down, wait till you don't hear anything for 2 or 3 seconds, then get it out of there.

It was very yummy, but I love the stuff.

And speaking of popcorn, Shauna gave a GREAT demonstration about different kinds of ways to fix popcorn at our super saturday! It was so yummy and I am excited to try the halloween mix, but I think my favorite was the white chocolate recipe. Thanks Shauna!

3 comments:

Kim said...

What a good idea!!! And now you need to share the Halloween mix and the white chocolate one too....Share the wealth sister!!

Jillene said...

YUM!! I SO am trying this!!

johnson5 said...

I am not trying this... I do this!!! Ron my old boss loved showing me this trick one afternoon when I was at his house with my kids who wouldn't stop begging for a treat. And just another comment, I love this website sometimes I only have a few items left in the fridge and this website has great simple ideas!! blah blah blah!!!