Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ahh, the five year old mind.



Today I went on a field trip with my son's kindergarten class to Discovery Gateway. It was a blast and very exhausting!

Things I loved about the field trip:

1~ Seeing my son with his friends.

2~ Watching all of the kids holding hands. Girls AND Boys. No cootie problems or man-issues.

3~ Riding on the TRAX train to the Gateway with 65 five year old kids. (There were other adults with us, I wasn't solo on this one, THANK HEAVENS!)

4~ Learning from a five year old just how dangerous traveling by train is. He made me promise that I would warn everyone that I know. Train travel is very dangerous!! Consider yourself warned.

5~ I am very impressed with this group of kindergartners in that they are extremely polite and very kind to each other. I hope it lasts forever!

Barrett and I went to lunch afterwards and I enjoyed talking and listening to him, one on one. What a great kid.

I haven't been to bed yet, so it really isn't Saturday yet to me, I am still writing in a Friday point of reference. Yeah, I know, I need to get to bed!

It was a great, exhausting day!

No comments: