Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Well, Happy Halloween! This year we had some darling costumes! Barrett wanted to be Woody from Toy Story, which I was SO happy about! I am glad that he wanted to be something that is still so cute! Thanks to the Haux family for the jeans. They were the perfect color and fit! And thanks to my nephew Zack for the idea for the match in the holster! It is one of Barrett's stomp rockets and it looks just like a match. Brilliant!


That Haux family! They are real contributers to our ward and neighborhood family! They grew a bazillion pumpkins in their garden this summer and shared with the whole ward AND the school! Look at how cute the Jack-O-Lanterns turned out! (Mine was the awesome Mike Wazowski Jack-O-Lantern!)

Last year, Elizabeth was going to be a librarian, but she got SO sick on Halloween! She had a high fever and the barf-o-rama. She didn't even care that she couldn't go trick-or-treating. It was so sad. She was finally talked into being a librarian for this year, and she looked so darling in her costume! Every single year she asks to be a witch! I don't know what the big fascination is, but it never fails. She always asks. She was a witch for her kindergarten year and it was a cute costume too, but why does she always ask?
Maybe because the witch costume is
'in direct contrast with her personality'.



Stephanie and Parker stayed at home with me. They were happy to help with Trick-or-treaters that came to our door, and happy to help with the "testing" of the treats we handed out.


Parker was our official pumpkin patrol guy. He tried to keep the Jack-O-lanterns lit, which was very difficult. The wind seemed to be perfectly aimed at the candles and kept blowing them out! He also played a little football with some of the other boys in the neighborhood while he was on patrol.




We had such a busy week! It feels like we won't get a breather until Monday. Saturday the cousins will return for another fun visit, we have a funeral and baby shower. Sunday we get to go to my neice's baby blessing in Spanish Fork. It will be nice to visit someone else's home. I am excited to see my brother's hard work in finishing his basement.




Can I just say how grateful I am that I don't have to work in the retail arena today!?! I used to work at a grocery store and Halloween was the worst! People with masks would come in and it was very uncomfortable. I am thankful to all those who work retail! Especially today!



Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

Teagan said...

That is an awesome picture of Lu.