Today Barrett and I were in the car, running the million pre-Christmas errands, when Barrett asks: "Mom, why did all the other reindeer laugh and call Rudolph names?"
I told him they called him names because he was different from all of the other reindeer and that being different makes someone easy to tease and make fun of.
To that, Barrett says: "Yes, but Santa picked rudolph to guide his sleigh and then everyone liked him."
I explained to Barrett that everyone has something about them that is different. Sometimes people laugh at them and tease them about their differences, but by being different, we sometimes are given opportunities that can save the day in ways that others can't. Being different has advantages, it just isn't always easy to see right away.
I don't know if he understood all of my yadda-yadda, but I think he got the general idea.
I am always amazed when kids pick up on such things so early in their little lives.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just love Barrett...he is such a deep thinker! Good on ya, Barrett!
Post a Comment