Well, yesterday I made the trip over to the drivers licence division to have an updated picture taken and pay my $25 bucks.
I have been very leery about the procedure since I took Stephanie in July for her learner's permit. We got there at 7:00 a.m. and left at about 10:45. That is seriously a long time to wait in line. It occurred to me that this could really be a lot like what hell might feel like.
The nice guy that we finally got to interact with reminded me that my licence expires on my birthday and that I could renew it right then. I almost took him up on his offer, but I had gotten out of bed with no expectations of impressing anyone and looked the part. I also knew that I didn't want to wait in that kind of line again. Ever. But after weighing the two potential picture outcomes, I thought I would take my chances and return another day. (when I had been attended to by hair and make up!)
Yesterday, after the shower and hair dry, my hair felt GREAT! The little thought came into my mind that I should call to see how long the lines are at the driver's licence division. Make up would be a cinch to do, now that my hair was in line with the cosmos.
So I made the call.
The lady (Pam) told me it was about a 30 minute wait.
GET OUT OF DODGE!
I hurried and slapped the make up on and left the house at 10:03.
We took care of everything and left the building at 10:39!!!!!
How is that even possible? I think it is karma. I think I finally did something that was worthy of tapping into the celestial bank of good fortune. I really have to say that it was temporary.
Later in the day, I spent 30 minutes in line for discount tickets (fifty cents off regular price~NOT WORTH THE WAIT!!!) and temporarily thought that I had lost one of my credit cards (which was MY fault).
But I do have to say that I am extremely grateful for the good fortune with the ease of the licence thing. My picture did not turn out as well as in years past, but I am not in my twenties any more. Sad, but true.
I must also mention how grateful I am that my credit card was not lost!!
Thank you, sweet Father in Heaven above!!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay for you...and you always look good in pictures!
I hate going to the DMV--BLAH!!
I wish you could see my ear to ear grin!! I love you and your posts. One day I am going to send you a photo of mine, in the same situation I took "the guys" advice and got the renewal out of the way. Big mistake, I returned 2 months later! BTW you can reuse your same photo next time.
WHAT!?!?! Are you serious?!?
I had NO idea!
The lady did let me keep my old one, because I like the hair cut that I had.
Twice recently I thought I lost a credit card. And I did. Both times.
Post a Comment