This week my Mary Engelbreit calendar had a saying that really makes sense to me. It was this: "Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind."
For me, I guess that one really sure-fire thing that will put me into that state of mind is attending church and hearing the choir. Today, the choir was awesome.
I was the lucky person giving the closing prayer. I was very full of the Christmas spirit. I cried like a baby. I couldn't help it. It really hit me with such force, how grateful I am for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I don't know how He could love me, with all of my foolishness, but I know that He does! I know that He loves us all!
I am so thankful for the Savior, Jesus Christ. He really came to this earth as a humble baby in a stable. He really will come again, in His glory, back to this earth.
How could the Father tell the world
Of love and tenderness?
He sent His Son, a newborn babe
With peace and holiness.
How could the Father show the world
The pathway we should go?
He sent His Son to walk with men
On earth, that we may know.
How could the Father tell the world
Of sacrifice, of death?
He sent His Son to die for us
And rise with living breath.
What does the Father ask of us?
What do the scriptures say?
Have faith.
Have hope.
Live like His Son.
Help others on their way.
What does He ask?
Live like His Son.
I love Jesus Christ. I will always love Him.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for your inspiring words...I too felt the Christmas spirit at church yesterday...although our ward does not have a choir?? And we did not get to have an awesome talk about Christmas...??? I still felt the spirit and am also so thankful for my Savior...love you Michelle...you are so awesome!
YOu are so sweet! I LOVED your prayer, and LOVE that song! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, I LOVE you!:)
Post a Comment