Sunday, April 5, 2009

I am so excited!

School starts again tomorrow!!! After a not-so-springy spring break, the sun came out today and the kids are all acting like a herd of squirrels that have been in a bottle for a week.
Cause they have been!
I think everyone is looking forward to getting back into a regular routine, especially one that might be a little bit warmer!

Today we took a drive up Little Cottonwood canyon while we listened to
General Conference. It was wonderful. I have never been up the canyon during ski season and it was very cool to see all the skiers going down the runs!!! The trees were beautiful and it was very cool to see all the snow on the side of the road that was as tall as our minivan!

Speaking of minivans, as we pulled past all the cars that were parked at the ski resorts, Stephanie noticed that there was a lack of minivans. Of the hundreds of cars that were visible, there were very few minivans. Elizabeth was only able to count about twelve, after the challenge had been issued by Stephanie to count how many there were.

It was a wonderful ride and
Conference was amazing! When the prophet of God says directly that he has a warning for young and old, male and female, it's time to listen up!

I love Conference weekend!

I love that today was a sunshine filled day!! I flung open those curtains and it just felt so great!!

1 comment:

doghouse said...

I loved the part where we stopped and Michelle got out to take a picture and got in saying our mini van sounded horrible. I looked at her puzzled until she realized what she heard was an old bobcat moving snow. It really was a nice drive.