Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Piano Recital 2009


Last night Stephanie had her piano recital. She was very nervous, which is unusual for her. Last time she had a recital, she was panic stricken and truly thought she was going to throw up! This time she didn't feel so nervous that she thought she would barf, and everyone was glad about that!

She played two songs. The Turkish March by Mozart and some other pretty song called Summer's Nocturn. Stephanie was the last to play and my heart was bursting with pride in her accomplishments! I love those proud, 'I knew this would be good', feeling! She played very well and it was a lovely recital.

Stephanie was very, super excited to play the Steinway and Sons piano at the recital hall in Daynes Music. The man that started the recital for us told the students that the piano was $118,000.00. A very respectable chunk of dollars. Needless to say, Steph was drooling.



Stephanie's teacher is Elana B., whom she adores. Elana has advised Stephanie that it is time for her to get a new teacher. She doesn't think that she is able to give Stephanie the level of lessons that she has worked into. Stephanie and I both have mixed feelings on this, as we LOVE Elana, but know that it is time to move on.
So, it was a lovely evening. I enjoyed it emmensely! I love that Stephanie loves music so much.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Good for you Steph! You look beautiful! Michelle I love those "moments" too!

Jillene said...

WHOO HOO Stephanie!! I wish I would have stuck with piano lessons.

johnson5 said...

I so LOVE that she Loves the piano!!! This is my favorite post of Steph. Can't wait to see the Cir. Saturday evening!!!!!