Normally I really try to let things roll off that my kids say to me to intentionally hurt my feelings. I am having a hard time with letting this one go...
Stephanie says to me:
"You are just like Grandma: You brag about everything everyone else does so that YOU can take the credit and make yourself look better."
Nice.
She is sixteen. She is good at a lot of things, but she is really good at being sixteen.
We are planning on taking family pictures tonight for Mother's day.
I am not sure that I will feel like posting any, due to the fact that I don't want my daughter to think I am exploiting her credit for being so beautiful!
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh man....I SO don't want teenagers!!
Note to self, Must waterproof back in preparation for teenagers. +
I must be missing something, because that statement doesn't seem too offensive, you have a GREAT mom, I wanna be more like her. And heck yeah, your kids accomplishments, or lack of reflect on parenting skills and there by YOU. Someday Stephanie will understand that.
LOL!~ Dontcha just love the 16 year olds? What does that even mean? And was she comparing you to our MIL? I, for one, would be offended! So, in the family pictures will you have that one smile you have? The mad one? I will be able to tell! I miss you sister! So much!
one more thing... who does she think made her beautiful???
Yeah, she was talking about our (Kim's and my) MIL.
Sorry Suzie, she wasn't talking about MY mom.
Shauna~ thanks for the kind words. I know that someday her common sense will return. I know that I was missing mine when I was her age, and it mostly did finally come back.
Post a Comment