Robert stayed to see what he could see from that window, but I went to our tiny little bathroom window to look out and see what they were doing. I could hear little clicking sounds but I couldn't see what they were doing or who they were. I could see that a couple of them had on baseball caps and that one of them was tall with long white or grey shorts. It dawned on me that they were tagging back door neighbor's vinyl fence. Again.
Robert started to get dressed and I could tell that he intended to go out there. By himself. At 3 in the morning. After being woken up from deep slumber. I suggested that he not do that. I am ever so glad to report that he did not.
Well, I called the police.
***In case any of you would like to know the non~emergency police number for our area, it is
840-4000.
You should write it down, if you live anywhere near me! Trust me, you will need it at some point.***
The police came with no lights on and checked out the graffiti and then turned around and chased down a car leaving the scene. Robert and I got in the van to go and see if anyone got pulled over. Sure enough, there was a silver, four door Saturn with a personalized licence plate with three people in it, pulled over by two police cars. The passenger in the front I for sure recognized as tall guy with white or gray shorts.
The police searched the car and looked at their hands and found nothing. They did get all of the information from their identification though. There was just absolutely no evidence that anyone there was tagging. So, they got to leave.
Our video camera awaits for the next time.
I really hope there is no next time!
As a side note, I think these people must be really, really the dimmest bulbs in the pack to be noisy enough to wake ME up. Robert is easy to wake up, but me, not so much.
3 comments:
Oh my!
aren't you glad that it wasn't your fence though? stupid kids.
As a side note, the city will come clean your fence off if it ever happens.
They did get our fence. Robert was promptly out there on Saturday morning and replaced the four slats that they tagged on our side. Lucky for us that they ran out of paint to do a proper job on ours.
Post a Comment