Monday, May 4, 2009

The Pretzel War of May 4, 2009

The plan today was to pick Robert up from the motorcycle shop at 3:30, come home and go to Gardner Village to take family pictures. I was looking forward to it VERY MUCH! You'll notice that I said "was".

Robert had made arrangements for us to go downtown after I picked him up from the shop, which I didn't know about, but I didn't think that it would make a huge problem, maybe we could just stop somewhere for dinner. No biggie. I just wouldn't have to worry about rushing home from pictures to make dinner.

It seems that we cannot leave our home without leaving a person that is not our off spring with our off spring.

I get a call on the cell phone. It is Stephanie. There has been an incident. It involves Barrett eating pretzels in the living room, Stephanie taking those pretzels away, and Parker becoming involved and his pretzels being smashed on the floor. Parker is now in his room.

When we got home, Parker had climbed out of his bedroom window (he knew that he was in another bout of trouble). So, needless to say that my window of photo op. had left at the very same moment that Parker left out of his window.

Stephanie said that if it were her, she would walk over to the little park to cool off. I went over to check at the park (after I called his friends) and sure enough, he was there.

Now, we probally could still have had time to go for the pictures. But, I decided that it wasn't worth a near death experience. I think that if anyone ("anyone"= Robert, Parker or Stephanie) would have questioned any of my ideas at the photo experience, there could have been "a situation". I also did not want to look at those pictures and have this negative experience attached to them. I have some pictures like that, and it just isn't worth it! NOT WORTH IT!

So, instead of pictures and going to dinner, I fixed spaghetti and meat sauce with canned green beans.

Now, anyone who knows my kids, know that this is a pure form of punishment. It is the worst rated dinner in the family, next to beef stroganoff.

No one complained. It's a good thing.

3 comments:

Alison W. said...

Sounds like a rough day. Its tough when our plans turn into a pipe dream. Isn't it crazy how children seem to make plans for us.

Kim said...

OH...so sorry! But, hey, we had spaghetti too...but it is a much loved dinner here!

Teagan said...

I am really glad you found Parker I was worried about him. we all love Spaghetti at our house but most of us are not so fond of the canned green beans.