Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Reverence is more than just quietly sitting...

This picture of Parker was taken after church this week.

He is almost 14 years old.

I love him very much and sometimes he does, or doesn't do things that really crack me up!

Sometimes when I am in Sacrament Meeting I notice that one or two of the young men have some sort of bed-head. Now, I don't notice it very often, because I am not always very observant, and that stuff usually doesn't distract me from the reason why I attend Sacrament Meeting.

But. I DO notice it when it is my kid.
I notice it very much when it is my kid AND it looks like it could have been intentional.
I SUPER, very much notice it when it looks a lot like my son's head is the butt of a duck.
At church.
Walking up and down the isles.
For everyone to see.

Some things I am pretty sure people were thinking:

~"What is up with Parker's mom? Didn't she notice that Parker's hair was extremely duck-buttish today, and if she did, why didn't she do anything about it?"

~"Wow, Parker must have been cutting it close for church today!"

~"MY kid would never leave the house looking like that! Especially not for church!"

~"Oh, those kids with their hair! What will they think up next?"

Let's just say that for the most part, I was a bit distracted on Sunday.

What did or would YOU think if this is what YOU saw at church?

9 comments:

Michelle S. said...

Barrett says: "Hey Parker, you have a jump on your head!"

doghouse said...

Quack quack!

Shaunab said...

I didnt even notice it.

Unknown said...

That is sooo funny! I wasn't there, so I missed it! Oh well, he is a boy...he can get away with things like that!:)

Kim C. said...

I didn't notice it either. I would say that since Parker's 14, it's more of a reflection on him than you. I certainly don't expect you to notice every tiny detail about your kids appearance before 8:55 in the morning! Especially on a day where you have to worry about your own. Heck, most Sundays, I don't even brush my own hair before I go to church! That'll give you something to look for at church...you'll always be suspicious of my hair now...

Suzie said...

Honestly, I would think "WooT, my kid isn't the only one that looks like an orphan child, LOL!" That is if I noticed at all, usually I don't pay a lot of attention to details like that.

snow @ Co. said...

I love it!!! Only a mom would notice such things

Anonymous said...

You absolutely bust me up!! Thanks for starting my day with tear-provoking laughter. I'm gonna miss you sumpin awful! (I'm practicing my "hick talk" for Tooele.) But don't worry, this hick ain't gonna be no stranger. Love ya, friend.

Cindy said...

This entry just made me laugh!! Thanks! I especially liked what people were probably thinking!!