What to do with Parker?
Parker's 14th birthday was yesterday. He was ordained to the office of Teacher by his dad after church. He was also given a wonderful blessing during the ordination.
We have a traditon that we let the birthday person choose what is for dinner on Sunday the week of their birthday. Parker chose the rolled tacos that I made on Cinco De Mayo. They were VERY fabulous, I must say! He also requested guacamole. (He is a Schafer, after all!)
He chose brownies and Peanut Butter Panic ice cream (from Blue Bunny) for his dessert. The combination is extremely delicious! I highly reccomend it! I always use the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix. It is the best on the market, BY FAR! Both of these fabulous items are available at Walmart!
I really want to keep this post positive, as it is Parker's 14th birthday, but I must mention as a large side note that he was grounded to his room for his birthday. You see, we have a rule at our home, that everyone agreed to in a vote, that if you choose to use the words: "Idiot", "Shut up", "Retard" or anything similar, you must write 250 sentences of a parent's choosing. As parents we feel like this is a form of positive subliminal messaging as the sentence to be written must be positive, to reinforce that they are in control of their own choices. Sentences should be done in the person's bedroom and as soon as the sentences are finished, the person is allowed out of their room. Parker has decided to do 20 (twenty) sentences a day. With his total of sentences, he will be in his room for, I think 7 weeks.
Happy birthday, Parker. I am sure this will be a memorable one for you. I know it will be for me, if I don't mentally block it. I miss you. I hope you will get your sentences done soon!
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Parker! Did he get our message?
This will be a birthday that I'm sure he won't forget!!
And Guacamole--YUM!!
thank you for the laugh!! I love to hear that I'm not the only mom out there that has a child (or children) who decide to invoke there right of free agency. In some way shape or form.
HaPpY BiRtHdAy PARKER !!!May you remember it FOREVER !
Post a Comment