Monday, July 13, 2009

Functionality is fun!

I cleaned my craft room last week! It has also been known as the "crap" room, because that is where we stash things when we are in a hurry.

It has been so fun to have a functional spot to work in! Elizabeth has become addicted to quilting. We found some of the cutest fabric on the clearance table at Elaine's Quilt Block and that has been such fun to hunt out. It is going to be a very cute jean quilt. I love that the pattern we are using is just super easy and not technical. I can cut the fabric and she just goes right to work. I also must add that not only is she addicted to quilting, but she is also super addicted to watching Pride and Prejudice while she is sewing! (Keira Knightley version)

Last night we stayed up to watch The Princess Bride and decided to watch it in the craft room so that we could get Stephanie's camp shirt finished. Elizabeth quilted while I puttered around and Stephanie worked on her shirt for camp. When she was done, Stephanie wanted to know what else she could work on and I suggested that she work on her super cute quilt (the one she started two summers ago). AND SHE DID! She didn't make very much head way, but I am so happy that she did some! It is such a cute quilt! It has been like a Christmas present under the tree, I just can't wait to see it!

It was wonderful to see my two girls sitting at the table, sewing and enjoying each other's company!

1 comment:

johnson5 said...

I LOVE denim squares!!! Those were my first quilts and I still love to do them 20 years later!!! GO LUCY. I hope my girls will find joy in one of my passions, but so far not happening! Can't wait to see what comes next.