Okay, seriously folks, I had no idea that Damn Yankees included Ted Nugent. (Or however you spell his name.) I was looking for an image online that I could include in my last post, and came across the gem of a music video that went with my beloved song.
I should not have watched it.
The video itself was truly lovely, until Ted appeared, chewing his gum like he was on some weird mission to convert the world to gum chewing!! How obnoxious is this guy? I have never seen such obnoxious gum chewing in my entire life! I think he was trying to prove a point. I really do. Like the director said something to him about getting rid of his gum during shooting, and he got super mad and had to prove that he was bigger than some dumb director or something! I have seen gum chewing in inappropriate places and at inappropriate times but this one takes the cake! (Well, it is a close second to one other time.) But, sheesh!
And what is up with the stupid zebra outfit during the guitar solo part?
Way dumb.
Way.
Dumb.
I have to say that I like all the other guys in the video though. I love the one guy's round, futuristic sunglasses. I love the total 80's feel that I get from watching this! The guy that plays the "Clyde" character is kind of delicious.
I still love this song and I will still listen to this song. A lot. But I will now HAVE to mentally block the zebra/gum/psychotic eyes images from my mind and my heart.
I hope I can!
I really hope I can!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You crack me up! I watched the video...Ted is quite the gum chewer...It think my favorite part was the end..when he was the gum chewing Priest...too wacky!
I am so glad you shared that! I've never seen it before and it makes me love the song even more. The part that killed me was the gum chewing as the priest at the end and then the provocative look he shoots to the camera very last. I also thought it was funny that he was the only one not singing so maybe he kept trying and someone was like, "hey, give Ted some gum so he stops trying to sing with us."
Zebra cape thing was classic!
Oh my dear Ted. He is a little on the radical side and the gum chewing----SO ANNOYING!!
Post a Comment